Monday, April 12, 2010

Email 04/05/10 - Still on the Moves...

Hello all...
Here is England has been great. We have gotten rain, hail, wind, and sun all in one day. The weather is great! But it is getting warmer. I love not having to bundle up every time we go out side. Currently I am in Wembly living with the Senior Missionaries till we can get into our flat in Watford. We have been taking the train back and forth from Milton Keynes and Watford all week and its been crazy. Its about a 45 min train ride so it takes time. We have been busy teaching the new Elders in Milton Keynes the buses and to help them get to know the ward and investigators. It has been a weird week because we haven't been doing "normal" missionary work. It has been sad to say good bye to all our promising investigators but we are glad the Elders that are taking over are good Elders. So our week has been very weird. I cant wait to get back to normal missionary work.
Sister Christensen and I were invited to attend a leadership meeting in London and that was fun to meet with all the zone leaders and talk about how we can help the mission and things like that.
Also an amazing thing happened this week. General Conference of course. Oh the spirit was so strong! I loved the theme of it all. It was pretty much about families and how you can strengthen the home and family. It really is the most important thing and it was just great to hear about that from our prophets. I had the opportunity to watch Priesthood session and I loved the talk about patience and also President Monson talked about the basics of the strength of youth. It was so powerful and spiritual. The stories that were told were wonderful! I loved President Monson's story from the Sunday Morning session about the 2 boys who went to serve on both sides of the veil. I am so grateful to have to time to serve the Lord and to share this wonderful gift that we have to others. I love it! I am excited to go to Watford and meet those wonderful people there. It was really neat also at conference I was able to see some of the people from the Enfield ward and it was great to talk to them and see their families that have grown in the gospel. I love the people here. I know there is more that I wanted to say but I have now forgotten. Things have just been so crazy! We had our Zone P-day today and I will send some pictures of it. I love you and and know that I am praying for you all the time. Take Care. Remember to pray, read and go to church :)
Love
Sister Olsen

No comments: