Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Email 10/26/09 - I've made it half way!

Hi Family!
Mission is fun. Yesterday I spoke in Sacrament meeting about missionary work. I decided to use the direction of sharing the book of Mormon and used Elder Holland's talk. I have watched it so many times. It is great! I love it and it never gets old. Get chills every single time I watch it. That talk will help anyone's testimony who is even doubting a little bit of the Book of Mormon. So we tried to get more investigators to church and Aisha came. She is solid. We love her and see her 2 to 3 times a week. She is so prepared. She is going thorough a lot though still. We had a fireside of the stake president speaking. He was so powerful and the spirit was there is a huge abundance.
So we had Sports night Friday with the youth and young adults. We got 13 people there. First night, that's a good turn out. People are inviting non member friends and it is working out well. I'm excited to see what happens with it in the future.
We also had interviews this week. President Patch is great! He is very inspiring and helps us out a lot. He wants to help in anyway and truly has that revelation for the mission. Gave another boost for this month. He can see how Sister Shattuck and I have grown the ward and can see the work progress. Its great! I love getting along so well with my companions. I have been so spoiled or blessed, you can say, to have such great companions that are diligent and willing to be obedient with exactness :)
We had the night of excellence with the young women and they showed off their dresses that they made. It was so fun. I took pictures so you will be able to see them later. It was all on about preparing themselves for the temple. It was great! I was looking at them in their wedding dresses they made and said, "Maybe one day I will be there." Or not! ha it was a lot of fun though :) They are such cute girls and so strong with their morals. Love them!
Also great news for me. We turned our clocks back an hour so we were able to get another hour of sleep! AWESOME!!!!! I loved it! I helped so much! ha as a missionary that is like the best thing in the world.
Well sorry it's short. But that's all I got for you this week. I love you all and think of you often. Keep up your missionary opportunities.
Love you all!
-Sister Olsen!

No comments: