Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Email 07/27/10 - Last email from England!

Hello Everyone!
How are you doing? It has been such a crazy, busy and weird week. Everyone has been trying to see us and get us over for dinner. I have never been fed so much on my mission. Every single day at least one dinner appointment. And saying goodbye to everyone is not the greatest thing to do. Everyone keeps asking me what I am going to do when I get home and I just tell them, I don't know. Too much to think about. I know I have been out on my mission for 18 months and a week and I am supposed to have learn to set goals and make plans....I will get there I guess. I never have planned out my life passed my mission. It's going to be interesting.
Anyway, so many great things happened this week. The Elders here in the ward had another baptism this week and we were able to give 2 baptismal dates. We have 3 ready to be baptized in the month of August. I am so sad I will not be able to see them but I am grateful I have been able to be a part of their journey. This area is exploding and we are still meeting so many wonderful people that are prepared the hear the gospel. We had a miracle on Sunday. Sister Anderson and I have 3 investigators to church on Sunday and the Elders had 3 also. We had a total of 6 investigators in the ward on Sunday and the overwhelming feeling of love for each one of them came over me. I am so happy for all these investigators for the strength that they have to make such a big step in their life. It must not be easy. I have been so blessed toward the end of my mission and I am so grateful for that.
Sister Anderson and I have had so much fun together and I will miss her so much. She is a hard working missionary and I hope her new companion will be able to keep up with her. Her new companion, I have never served around so I don't know how it will be for her, but I think she is also form Utah.
This Ward is one of the best. They are so good in their missionary work. We have been able to do service this week and it has been fun to spend time with the members. I will miss them but the work will so go forward.
I don't know if I have shared this story or not, but I found out that on Saturday someone that sister Anderson and I talked to got baptized! During one of Sister Anderson's first p-days we went to the town center to pick up some things she needed. And we were in the mall and were dressed in our missionary clothes with our badges on and a girl was working and wanted to sell us something and we said no thank you. But then after we walked off she yelled to stop us again and we didn't look back but by the third time we did and she asked if we were from the Mormon church and we told her yes. she said that she was supposed to be baptized but then she moved and got a new phone number and hasn't been able to get in touch with the missionaries again. So we asked where she lived and it was in a different missionary's area. So we got her information and referred it to the Elders in her area. She has now gotten baptized and confirmed. AMAZING! We get to see these miracles every day, and even though I didn't get to teach her or anything, I am grateful that I was obedient and doing the things we should be doing so I could be that instrument that Heavenly Father wants me to be.
OH I AM GOING TO MISS THIS SO SO MUCH!
But, that's all for now. I just want to thank all of you for you support, prayers, letters, emails, etc...I could go on forever. I know I wouldn't have been able to do what I have done here without your support and prayers. I love you and and I will be looking forward to seeing you soon.
Love,
Sister Jennifer LaMay Olsen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you, Sister Olsen, that you have had such a wonderful mission! You will always be blessed because of this selfless service! Don't worry...your life has many exciting things ahead....;)

p andersen said...

Great finish, Sister Olsen!! You will continue to bless lives on this side of the pond, too. :) Thanks for all the inspiration.

Shawnanana said...

I have loved reading about your mission experiences since I have been home. It brings sweet feelings to me. I'm here for you with whatever you need! Luv u! Thanks for your wonderful service!

<3 Shawna